Recently, while accessing a D365 organization on Windows tablet, we were getting the error message “Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again, or restart the app”. There was no additional error details given.
To get the root cause of the issue, we enabled tracing on the device. Refer this post for enabling tracing. After enabling tracing on the device, we got several error message recorded while accessing the D365 organization. All of them were related to missing permission for the user accessing the organization on the tablet in the format: Principal user (type=8) is missing prvReadXXX privilege, which were pretty straight forward to fix.
After giving the required permission as per the error messages recorded, the user was able to access the organization successfully.
Hope it helps.