D365 V9{Upgrade}: Sharing record using Web API and custom action

In D365 V8, GrantAccessRequest message was not available for which we were using SOAP request in JavaScript to share a record with a user. As part of upgrade activities, since SOAP requests are going to be deprecated, now we have replaced our SOAP request with Web API and calling custom action from Web API as we … Continue reading D365 V9{Upgrade}: Sharing record using Web API and custom action

Advertisements

D365 V9{Upgrade}: Icebreakers section on Contact Form

Recently, after upgrading our D365 V8 instance to D365 V9, we found that on Contact Form there was some discrepancy in the position of the sections. After comparing the Form Editor in both the instances(V8 and V9) we found the below differences: D365 V8: CARD DETAILS section at top right corner D365 V9: New Icebreakers section at … Continue reading D365 V9{Upgrade}: Icebreakers section on Contact Form

D365 V9{Upgrade}: Ribbon Button Enable Rule Custom JS Code gives error “Cannot read property ‘getFormContext’ of undefined”

While working on upgrade activities of D365 V9 from D365 V8, we faced one weird issue related to Enable Rule of  Ribbon button. We had one form where we were using Enable Rule for a button which was defined using custom JS code. As part of client side scripting changes related to D365 V9 upgrade, … Continue reading D365 V9{Upgrade}: Ribbon Button Enable Rule Custom JS Code gives error “Cannot read property ‘getFormContext’ of undefined”

D365 V9{Upgrade}: Error while upgrading NuGet package Microsoft.CrmSdk.XrmTooling.CoreAssembly to v9.0.2.5

Recently, while upgrading our D365 instance from V8 to V9, we had some batch jobs for integration which were running on v9.0.2.4 of CRM related NuGet packages. As part of V9 upgrade we need to upgrade those NuGet packages to v9.0.2.5. While upgrading XrmTooling.CoreAssembly to v9.0.2.5, we were getting the below error: "Unable to resolve dependencies. … Continue reading D365 V9{Upgrade}: Error while upgrading NuGet package Microsoft.CrmSdk.XrmTooling.CoreAssembly to v9.0.2.5

D365 V9{Upgrade}: Client API Change for openEntityForm

Prior to D365 V9, we were using Xrm.Utility.openEntityForm() to open an existing record or to open a create form of an entity providing some additional parameters. However, in D365 V9 as it has been deprecated, we need to use Xrm.Navigation.openForm() to perform the same operation. Here's an example of the change in API along with … Continue reading D365 V9{Upgrade}: Client API Change for openEntityForm

D365 V9{Upgrade}: Client API update for alert and confirm

In D365 V9, as per Microsoft documentation, Xrm.Utility.alertDialog() should be replaced by Xrm.Navigation.openAlertDialog() and Xrm.Utility.confirmDialog() should be replaced by Xrm.Navigation.openConfirmDialog(). Let's take an example of both alert and confirm dialog box and see what exact changes we need to do in JS code apart from the above library change. alert: D365 V8: D365 V9: confirm: D365 V8: D365 V9: … Continue reading D365 V9{Upgrade}: Client API update for alert and confirm

D365 V9{Upgrade}: “v_5 is not a function” error while adding custom filter to lookup

Recently, after upgrading our one of the D365 instance to V9, we came across an issue with custom filtering of lookup. We were using below piece of code snippet to add custom filter: and below is the definition of the addFilterOpp method: fetchQuery = "<filter type='and'>" + "<condition attribute='sab_brandid' operator='eq' value='" + brandId + "' … Continue reading D365 V9{Upgrade}: “v_5 is not a function” error while adding custom filter to lookup