D365: 0x80040203 Invalid Argument error below lookup field

Recently, we were working on applying lookup filtering using JS on a custom entity form. While testing it, we got an error on each key press on the lookup field “0x80040203 Invalid Argument”.

We were constructing the record filter criteria based on certain condition. While debugging the code, we found that the filter criteria(FetchXML filter tag) we were constructing was not in the correct format for filtering the records.

Putting appropriate condition in place/modifying the existing condition, we managed to consturct the filter criteria properly and the issue got fixed.

Hope it helps !!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.