Unified Service Desk: Actions not working

Recently, in one of our project we were working on Unified Service Desk(USD).

We did all the required configurations in our DEV environment. The configurations include Hosted controls, Toolbars, Action Calls, Entity Searches, Agent Scripts, Window Navigation Rules, Scriptlets, Session Lines. These configurations were done by multiple developers.

We launched USD connecting to DEV environment and verified all the components are working fine as configured.

Then, we moved the USD configuration to TEST environment using Configuration Migration Tool. Everything was migrated without any error.

However, when we launched USD connecting to TEST environment, the action calls which were configured to run on Agent Script tasks were not working.

We had a look at the USD configurations in TEST environment and all of them were as they were in DEV. The behavior was really weird as the same configuration worked in DEV.

We tried different options and none of them worked except the following one:

We assigned all the USD configurations(Hosted Controls, Toolbars etc..) on DEV to a single user(previously the configurations were owned by multiple users as the components were configured by multiple developers).

Then, We imported the configuration in TEST environment using Configuration Migration Tool. Now, when we launched USD connecting to TEST environment, everything worked fine.

Hope it helps !!!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s