Recently, while working on qualifying lead to opportunity we faced a weird issue.
We were using multiple currencies in our D365 instance
AED(Base currency in our case) and Egyptian Pound. We used Egyptian Pound currency on Lead while creating.
On qualifying Lead to Opportunity, we were mapping the currency of Lead to Opportunity. So, eventually, currency selected on Opportunity was Egyptian Pound and corresponding Price List was populated.
After qualifying lead, we added Opportunity Product to the Opportunity from Related entities –> Add New Opportunity Product.
We created the Opportunity Product using Quick Create form. Here, we were able to put Price Per Unit and Tax using currency Egyptian Pound.
In Opportunity Product Associated View also we were able to see Price Per Unit and Extended Amount in Egyptian Pound currency.
However, coming to the main Opportunity form, in Products grid, we found that Price Per Unit and Extended Amount are shown in AED currency. After trying some hit and trial method, we found that we were using Est. Revenue(Base) field in the header which was causing this issue.
We have no idea, how this field was related to the issue. However, removing Est. revenue(Base) field from Header fixed the issue and we were able to see Price Per Unit and Extended Amount in Egyptian Pound currency.
- We found this issue only with Inline Edit view of Opportunity Product entity on Opportunity form which is available OOB.
- Only currency was displayed as AED instead of Egyptian Pound. However, the numbers were not changed based on exchange rate. The numbers were exactly same as what we had put with Egyptian Pound currency.
Hope it helps !!